You can add multiple Languages to your TYPO3 Template and create your website with multiple languages. To create multi-language site, please perform following steps:
Add Language to Pages¶
Once Language is configured, you need to translate pages & content to new language.
- Go to Page Module, select root page and switch to Language option in drop-down at top.
- Click on Make new Translation of this page drop-down and select language
- It will create a page in selected language. Click on Save & Close button.
Once it is saved there will be 2 sections in backend, one for each language.
You can Translate/Copy content elements of existing language to new language using Translate button in New Language.
How to change and add another language labels?¶
- All Labels which are managed at file level are stored at this language file
- To make translation in another language, create the second language file by creating a copy of locallang.xlf at same folder. For example, de.locallang.xlf
- Now you can change labels and text as per new language as highlighted in below screenshot: